Seeking trainee studio + artist manager for new gallery in Falmouth
Part time, flexible hours (can be fitted around studies)
Salary dependent on experience / agreed scope of the role
We are a Falmouth-based studio making site and condition-specific art (primarily video) for hospitals and patients. Our work is currently exhibiting at Chelsea & Westminster & Great Ormond Street Hospitals.
We are looking for a part-time trainee studio and artist manager to join our growing company.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Productive independent self-starter with a willingness to learn and solver problems
• Upbeat personality, good at engaging people easily on the phone
• Extensive relationships with artists/creative people in and around the Falmouth area
• Good knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere, PowerPoint, Word and Office, familiarity with social media and general Mac software.
• The ability to write well (and quickly)
• Full clean UK driving licence (bonus)
Long term responsibilities
1. Existing Commissions
Assist producing a series of video art installations (exhibiting in London later this year).
Filming will be mainly based in Cornwall but could also require travelling depending on creative brief deliverables. You will be responsible for sourcing freelancers to work on a variety of unique and unconventional video & photographic productions throughout the year.
2. General management of gallery/studio business.
Including but not limited to answering phones, making tea, wiping screens, hanging new work, paying wages, hosting private view exhibitions & events and occasionally feeding a cat.
3. New Business
With input, pursue leads and assist writing proposals for worldwide installation opportunities. Assist the Director with fundraising, in securing philanthropic introductions, support & engagement.
Source and commission artists (and creative professionals) to assist with local exhibitions and installations. Commissions could be anything from paintings or sculpture to concerts, performances and events, video installations /smart phone applications so an open mind and a variety of contacts will be useful. In time, there will be scope to curate your own collection in the gallery.
Please contact James Hope-Falkner on 07971 571 316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org